The Library is expanding its cloudLibrary collection, and patrons will now have access to over 28,000 eBooks and nearly 3,000 eAudiobooks. Reading or listening on the go has never been easier. Our expanded collection includes new and popular titles for adults, teens, and children, including New York Times bestsellers. Simply browse the cloudLibrary app to discover new materials or use the search feature to locate specific authors or titles.
Offered at no cost to our patrons, all that’s needed to get started with cloudLibrary is an active library card. You may download the app from the Apple, Google Play, or Kindle Fire app store. For more information on how to access cloudLibrary, please contact the library at 972-547-7323 or by email.
The expanded collection is made possible through a resource sharing program with area libraries. Here’s how it works:
- Available items from all participating libraries show up when patrons search or browse the Library’s cloudLibrary website or app.
- Patrons check out items as they normally do. Items check out for 2 weeks and there is no indication of which library owns the title.
- Unavailable items from other libraries will not show up at all. Checked out items only show up if owned by McKinney Public Library, and these are available for holds.
- Patrons can only place holds on their home library’s items.
- eAudiobooks will now be available to McKinney Public Library patrons through cloudLibrary, since other participating libraries own cloudLibrary eAudiobooks. (McKinney Public Library isn’t purchasing eAudiobooks through cloudLibrary at this time, but is continuing to build its own eAudiobook collection through RBdigital.)
- You may notice titles show in cloudLibrary one day but not the next. This is because content from other libraries will only show up when it’s available.